In previous post I have talk about :
Yes, I’ve use 512 MB of RAM and I think its great to see Windows 7 installation work well with that memory but if you want to work in real world I suggest you to follow Microsoft recommendation specially in hardware requirement.
1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver
Of course today PC spec in average met this requirement and I just love it since my workstation computer no need to upgrade. For some of you that looking for new computer might want to check for best deal from amazon :
Desktop Great Deals :
Laptop Great Deals :
Enough for preparation, I assume that hardware and software are ready. We go to installation steps :
In general Windows 7 will do two steps :
1. Collecting Information
2. Installing Windows
Windows will loading all files from CD/DVD-ROM and Starting Windows 7
Choose language :
You must choose Language to Install, Time and currency format and keyboard or input method.
Click Next to continue.
Only one option available for you “Install now” .
Click that button to continue install.
Please read the license terms
Don’t forget to check “I accept the license terms” and click Next to continue.
Which type of installation do you want?
- Upgrade, upgrade to a newer version of Windows and keep your files, settings and programs. The option to upgrade is only available when an existing version of Windows is running. We recommend backing up your files before you proceed.
- Custom (advanced), Install a new copy of Windows. This option does not keep your files, settings and programs. The option to make changes to disks and partitions is available when you start your computer using the installation disc. We recommend backing up your files before you proceed.
Click Custom (advanced) to get fresh install of Windows 7.
Where do you want to install Windows 7 ?
Just click Next button.
Installing Windows 7
Process will continue in few steps :
- Copying Windows files
- Expanding Windows files
- Installing features
- Installing updates
A few restart will happen just make sure NOT remove installation disk from CD/DVD-ROM during this process as your installation will get corrupt if you do this.
Type a user name and computer name, I enter iaji and iaji-pc for this session.
Set up a password for your account
For strong password I recommend to visit Microsoft Security.
Click Next when you’re done.
Help protect your computer and improve Windows automatically
Windows 7 provide 3 options :
- Use recommend settings, install important and recommended updates, help make Internet browsing safer, check online for solutions to problems and help Microsoft improve Windows.
- Install important updates only, Only install security updates and other important updates for Windows 7
- Ask me later, until you decide, your computer might be vulnerable to security threats.
I pick ‘Use recommended settings‘
Review your time and date settings
Set your clock for daylight saving time by check below time zone.
Select your computer’s current location
There are 3 options available :
- Home Network, If all the computers on this network are at your home, and you recognize them, this is a trusted home network. Don’t choose this for places such as coffee shops or airports.
- Work network, If all the computers on this network are at your workplace, and you recognize them, this is a trusted work network. Don’t choose this for public places such as coffee shops or airports.
- Public network, If you don’t recognize all the computers on the network (for example, you’re in a coffee shop or airport, or you have mobile broadband), this is a public network and is not trusted.
I pick Work network since I use it for work.
Windows 7 will finalizing your settings, just wait.
When everything OK you’ll see this display and that means your Windows 7 successfully installed.
I’ll post other post related to Windows 7 in other time.
Time to sleep and see you next time 🙂