Previous install of Windows 7 covered only installation steps.
I need the internet connection work with existing local area network connection (LAN).
Here step by step guide to set internet access on Windows 7 :
1. Left Click and click link ‘Open Network and Sharing Center‘
2. View your basic network information and set up connections
I want to set local area connection, click on red area (on the picture) with link “Local Area Connection”
3. Local Area Connection Status
No Internet access
Click on Properties button.
4. Local Area Connection Properties
I only have IPv4 so I double click link :
Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)
5. Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) Properties
I have following IP assigned from sysadmin :
- IP address : 184.108.40.206
- Subnet Mask : 255.255.252.0
- Default Gateway : 220.127.116.11
- DNS server : 18.104.22.168
I put all that information in the box provided as seen on the picture.
Recheck the status now and see status near IPv4 Connectivity :
In activity on sent and received section there are some number.
Click Close button.
In red box area I highlight no cross sign and that also means Internet connection set up properly.
Open Internet Explorer and test open a website and as seen on picture its connected.