Some people like me getting lazy, each time I install new program or download thing I prefer to put it on desktop.
No wonder I always end up with a mess desktop and my wife get angry when she use my laptop. Until my friend borrow my laptop and he ask me to delete unused shortcut that seem to be old.
At first effort he doing it by rough delete using ‘delete’ button located in keyboard. I show him another way that utilized an utility in Windows XP called ”Desktop Cleanup Wizard“.
To access that wizard just follow these steps :
1. Right click on free desktop area then click Properties.
2. Click on ‘Desktop‘ tab followed by click ‘Customize Desktop…’. button
3. By default Cleanup Wizard will run every 60 days to check if unused items available, uncheck the option to disable that feature.
To force the wizard to run right now just press ‘Clean Desktop Now‘ button.
4. The wizard should start, click Next to continue.
5. Examine every option from checkbox, clear its checkbox near the icon to avoid it from wizard operation.
Click Next to continue.
6. Confirmation will show up, click Finish to let the wizard cleanup unused shortcut.
Your desktop appearance should look slim now 🙂